Professional Classes on Your Schedule
Whether you've never swung a hammer before or you are a pro looking to sharpen your skills, we are happy to offer classes here at StormCloak Forge, LLC.
- All classes are 1-on-1 or 2 if you would like to bring someone you know. This ensures you get the best experience possible.
- All tools, fuel, and materials are provided as part of the class.
- Classes can be scheduled any day of the week between 9am and 9pm!
- Class hours can be broken up any way you would like into one or multiple sessions.
- All classes include a syllabus and handouts to take home along with the item you make in class!
- Gift certificates are available.
- All classes are $75 per hour for 1 person or $100 per hour for 2. Bring a friend and save!
Intro to Blacksmithing
Do you just want to try hitting some hot steel and see what blacksmithing is all about?
Then this is the class for you!
- You will get to experience blacksmithing firsthand! You'll heat steel in a coal forge and learn to shape it with some of the tools of the trade.
- Shape hot steel!
- Learn about the background of smithing and the tools you'll be using
- Make an S-hook
Do you want to start your journey into this fun and rewarding craft?
- This class will teach you everything you need to know to get started. You’ll learn about forges, tools, ergonomics, steel, heating, basic techniques, and finishes. With this, you can continue even without our further guidance. Awesome stuff! But, of course, we hope you’ll keep coming back!
We cover a lot of material in this class and do a lot of striking so it's best if you can break it up over 2 days!
- Forges, Fuel, Lighting, and Fire Maintenance
- Tool discussion, Smithy set up, and Ergonomics
- Basic Techniques and Finishes
- Make a Bottle Opener or Fire Poker
Are you ready to get serious?
Here you go!
- This class will give you pointers on any basic techniques you may be struggling with and then move on to hot punching, drifting, and riveting. After this class, you'll walk away with a pair of tongs, ready to fill your own shop with them!
- More on basic techniques
- Punching, Drifting, and Riveting
- Make a Pair of Tongs
Are you ready to go from hobbyist to professional?
You can do it!
- Are you ready to take this hobby to the next level? Besides practicing some more advanced blacksmithing techniques together, we'll share what we have learned about the business side of blacksmithing. From designs and estimates to selling, you'll hear our secrets, victories, and mistakes.
- Forge welding
- Pricing your work
- Designing and Estimates
- Selling Live and on the Web
- Choose from a List of Projects!
Have a project but need a shop and some expertise?
- Are you a blacksmith but don't have a smithy to work in? Have a project you need help with? Then our "Custom Blacksmithing" is for you!
- Work on your project
- Use the StormCloak Forge, LLC smithy and tools
- Sam's knowledge and help is yours!